Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Doctors and Priests

Doctors are looked upon as the dedicated healers of the World. They are trusted to be able to heal anyone using a variety of methods. Most of the time, they are able to heal someone back to full health, even nearing the brink of death. They have the ability to abolish any disease. They also have various techniques for you to improve your stamina and spirit to carry on your daily activities.

Priests are looked upon as the dedicated healers of the World of Warcraft. They are trusted to be able to heal anyone using a variety of methods. Most of the time, they are able to heal someone back to full health, even nearing the brink of death. They have the ability to abolish any disease. They also have various techniques for you to improve your stamina and spirit to carry on your daily activities.

I love playing my Priest. Nevermind the fact that I would be the target for most enemies, and I will be blamed for all the deaths I could have prevented. I still love my priest. Many players think that healing is a very easy job and that all I have to do is press a magic button and it heals the target. Well, it is that… but there is more to it than just one button. This is a breakdown of what goes through my head during fights;

1. Monitor each person’s health and stats. I don’t look at the combat happening. All I look at is the health bars of all the players. Warriors have higher health and mages have lower health, so 10% health lost on each means higher heals on warrior than on mage.

2. Match the bug with the drug. Different amount of health lost needs different ranks of heals. No point over healing, and its bad to under heal.

3. Differential diagnosis. Stats can also change with magic and disease debuffs, which may alter the amount of health they have. These needs to be dispelled or abolished.

4. Glove up. Of course if I die, the party dies. So I have to watch my own back and give myself a higher priority for heals. I also have a magic shield that absorbs damage taken and a fade ability to drop agro.

5. Get rid of the causative organism. I not only have healing spells, but I also have some offensive ones and it usually helps if I cast in a damaging spell on the enemy. If I was the only one alive, I usually have to take it out myself.

Some say that Paladins, druids and shamans are better healers than priests are, and I know that they can be. But I still love my Priest.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online