Sunday, March 02, 2008

2-3-83

Its that time of year again. I don't even know why I bother blogging about it. I'm going to post basically the same thing I did last year, with the same content. So here goes:

I do not like celebrating my birthday. Apart from the reminder that you are now one year older, it doesn't do anything as it is still just another day. There's nothing special about it. I don't expect anything to happen on this day. No parties, no cakes, no presents. Even if you gave me a wish, what I wish for is something unmaterialistic, so no one can fully fulfil it.

Now that I look back and think about it, I get depressed on my birthday. It is not because I regret being born (I believe that I was put here for a reason). Maybe because I don't get anything for my past birthdays, so I have learnt it through classical conditioning or learnt helplessness. It's true that I don't get many gifts on that day, so I do not even bother thinking about it anymore.

Few years back, the people I cared for didn't remember my birthday.

Last year, my friends only asked the day before my birthday.

This year, it was probably more depressing than usual. Yeah, the dreaded supplementary exams were just over. When I think I did ok, I will feel more at ease. But, I felt worse than I felt before. My only wish for my birthday was to pass it. I don't usually wish for anything, but this is something that may change my life...

So, to not make this post about me, i link this : March 2nd
Enjoy
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online