Monday, November 12, 2007

Train

When you type /train while playing World of Warcraft, you get one of the most annoying sounds in the game. Well, second to the gorillas in STV, at least for me...

The reason I brought it up is this train of thought I had today. It started this morning while I struggled to customize my Neverwinter Nights 2 character. I wanted to make my existing character an Arcane Archer, but it was taking so slow that I went to search online for tricks. I found the page and it gave me a really good build. I was so stucked on my previous NVN1 build with wizardry and ranger style that I did not realise that there was another arcane caster, the Bard. And instead of just a Ranger, it tells me to use a Rogue for extra skill points. I mean, wow, I never knew that. So, in other words, my build will be Rogue (3), Ranger (4), Bard (3), Arcane Archer (10). So I decided to create a new character and try it. I made a Human Rogue and built it from there. I got to the Arcane Archer part... and found out AA are only meant to me Elf or Half Elf. Sheesh. So I went on to try on my existing Character and reseting the levels and everything. Alas, no Bard coz my alignment was Lawful. So I changed that as well and then... I lost one of my followers. Screw it. I decided to start from scratch... again... and since I don't have the luxury of doing that right now, I decided to screw the game for now and uninstalled it.

After that I sought for another possible game to play. The one that I chose was The Witcher. My friend had it and I after copying an image of the DVD to my computer, I tried to run the game. I couldn't. I made a guess and thought that it was my virtual image program that was causing the problem, so I uninstalled it and installed another virtual drive. Again it didn't work. And now, I am left with 2 virtual drives with much annoyance.

I tried to get rid of it, but even uninstalling it and deleting the drive, it still comes back whenever I restart my computer. I searched the web for solutions and I luckily, the steps to remove it were easy. It didn't cause any problems after that.

I didn't want any traces of the program anymore, so I decided to scan my computer, for spyware and viruses, and to clear my registry. Each took about 40minues to complete. It was all clear though. After that was done, I was thinking, might as well clear stuff off my computer. So I went on a hunt to organise my folders and cleaning it out. After that was done, I proceeded to clear my external harddisk. I got rid of about 100mb worth of duplicated files and junk. I decided to call it because there was just too much.

As I went through my folders, I stumbled upon all my work throughout my life. From my adventures in Singapore to the dramatic IMU and the introduction UWA time. Wonderful moments captured on film, events embedded in powerpoint presentations, and journals and poems. I miss the times I had acting wild and free... sigh... While talking about things with Raj online about how crazy we were back then, I recalled the interesting stuff he used to bring us. One of them being a movie clip called Russel Peters.

So I decided to go look for that video. I had my laughs for about 20 minutes, which left me to go search for more Russel Peters. I found the CD that contained the 45 minute version and watched that. Yup, it was definitely worth it. He is just hilarious. I mean, he makes fun of all the races of the world, but nobody thinks that he is racist. I guess he opened with insulting his own race, which is the most tactful thing to do, right?

Anyway, another thing on the CD caught my eye... Stomp Out Loud. So I decided to watch that too. I wrote so many times before how much I love Stomp. Well. I STILL LOVE STOMP. After that 40 minutes of rhythmic beats I went to look for more online. I found another movie, made my the creaters of Stomp, Pulse: a Stomp Odyssey. It was about rhythmic beats of the world. It was briliant. Every nation, every history, percussion is the basis of their music. Brilliant. I so want it...

While looking through Stomp, I recalled a blog post by KenJ about a spider. I realised that other than mosquitoes, I can NEVER stomp an insect. I just can't. I have the power to do so, but I never have the heart to squish anything. I cannot imagine squishing an ant, I cannot imagine swatting a fly, I cannot imagine stepping on a spider. It's not that I am afraid of them, I just can't kill them. Call it Buddhism.

Here ends my train of thought for the day. I end with, I cannot harm another living thing.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online