Friday, January 06, 2006

4 More Days...

To be more accurate, the sentance ends with: ...till I know whether I'll be flying on the 9th or not. Yep, I have NOT heard about my visa yet, so I might leave suddenly on the 9th or later. Just my luck to get haematuria at this point in time.

I have just completed Phase 1. Phase 1 was a gruesome challenge, taking a lot of my time and effort. Initially, I thought I might not make it, but after a little coaching and help from my parents, I managed to complete it, with extra's as well. There were a lot of doubts and worries, that I might not make it, but with a lot of reorganising, it was finally done. In the end, it wasn't a close shave, but far from it. I really had lots of room in the end. I could breathe easily now. And I because of that, I will be getting new medical books! oh joy! Well, that's the end of Phase 1: the Packing of the Bag.

I am actually halfway through Phase 2 and Phase 3. My desktop (yes my DESKTOP) is actually the same size as my monitor, but not as slim though. But still, I can actually fit both CPU AND monitor into a carry on luggage, with additional space for extra clothes. My keyboard and mouse are in Phase 1 and almost impossible to retrieve now. But I have spare mouses/mice that I can still plug in. No keyboard though. Anyways...

The books I am bringing Down Under are Kumar & Clark, baby Talleys, baby Patho, Oxford Hndbook of Clinical Medicine and Surgery. And if there is space, I can even bring papa Patho or Dorlands. And IF they close one eye, I think I can smuggle in a novel or two. What I will definitely bring onboard is a crossword book that I bought with Evelyn. Something to do on a 5 hour flight...

What I have decided not to bring (or rather don't have the means of getting it) is a PDA. I could fill it with programs here, but sadly they ran out of the beautifullest of models, with built in bluetooth, WiFi, 128mb worth of accesible memory, and a camera. No other model can top it for that price. That was the year end sale. It's never coming back... However, my eyes turned to the Dell Axim series, where there is similar features, with more speed, but less memory no camera. However, it only deals stuff online and takes a week to deliver. So much for getting a PDA. But who knows, I might not need it there.

Another problem that awaits me Down Under is accomodation. I can save loads if I manage to share with my collegues, but it seems like they have other ideas in mind. I can't change their minds, but I do wish though, that I would still get a roof over my head. As of right now, I think I do NOT have any accomodation at the campus.

The Aussie Dollar has also been increasing, last I checked was 2.7, but now it is 2.85. Oh well. another headache there. This will also be a new year resolution (for me to break) to keep track of my expenses to the 5 cent. Hopefully, I can save enough to actually live a social life, even if it was for a day.

Anyways... wish me luck
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online