Tuesday, April 08, 2008

HIMYM

The days I had without WoW were horrible. I've tried various things to get me through. But I got depressed nonetheless. I find little interest in whatever I do, like studying and sleep.

The only thing that cheered me up was watching and reading comedy. First up was How I Met Your Mother. Starring Josh Radnor, Cobie Smulders, Jason Segel, And even Alyson Hannigan from the American Pie series and Neil Patrick Harris from Doogie Howser M.D.

The sitcom is mainly about how Ted met his wife but it is never revealed so far who this girl is. So every week, Ted hooks up with a new girl, and with his hilarious bunch of friends, the story gets very interesting. What I like about the show is the excessive use of puns on almost every situation. I also admire the works of Neil Patrick Harris. He not only does the most jokes, but he also come up with various ways to flirt with women and new rules and theories about life and dating. This show is just... AWESOME.

I'm also curently listening to one of the songs from the Civilization IV soundtrack, entitled 'Baba Yetu'. Again, this harmonized singing with a tribal rythmic beat in the background just makes me want to dance my heart out. I decided to research on the song to find out what it means. Well, I found out that it is actually Swahili. And the more surprising thing is the translation: taken from here
free music


CHORUS
Our Father, Jesus, who art
in Heaven. Amen!
Our Father, Jesus
Hallowed be thy name.
(x2)

Give us this day our daily bread,
Forgive us of
our trespasses
As we forgive others
Who tresspass against us
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from Evil, and you are forever and ever!

CHORUS

Your kingdom come, your will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven. (Amen)

CHORUS

Give us this day our daily bread,
Forgive us of
our trespasses
As we forgive others
Who tresspass against us
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from Evil, and you wake the dead (?)

Our Father, Jesus who art...
Hallowed be thy name.
(x2)


It is just an AWESOME song. I also found a more detailed blog about this song.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online