Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 09

Some people go to church and become Christians only on Sundays. Me, I go once a year. It's Easter once again, and I make my annual trip to church in Curtin.

The Easter service held by the Zion Praise Harvest was better this year. They called in a guest speaker who was also an ex convict, 3 time world kungfu title holder, ex hired thug, ex body guard, who basically told his life story and how he became a christian. To me, it is not one of those typical 'everything was going bad, but Jesus showed me the way' story. Although it did boil down to that, but I find his story interesting. Due to copy right issues I don't think I should provoke an ex-murderer and tell this story here...

He ended his talk with a nice presentation, about heaven and hell, and how we all have impure souls coz we all are lying thiefs who thinks of murder. So we are all going to hell.

Then he says how we can save ourselves. Instead of the 'become a christian, baptise, etc' talk, he gave it in two steps. Turn away from all the things that are wrong. And to surrender yourself to Jesus.

I have told many people that the only thing that is stopping me from becoming a Christian is today, the part of where Jesus is ressurected. The believing in Jesus. The surrendering of my soul to this... being...

I do not know what surrendering to Jesus entails that is different from what I have already been thinking and doing. And how different will I be if I do that. It's just mind boggling...

Also today, I met a new friend, an intern graduated from Adelaide. She really made my day today, and I do want to thank her for that. And it being Easter at Curtin Uni, I get to listen once again to the girl with the beautiful voice. And again, I did not have the courage to go up to her to say, "You have such a beautiful voice, and after one year, I am still in love with your voice." I really wish that I can get to know you and listen to it again...

On a side note, I went to see Dragonball: Evolution later that night. Graphics were good, but the acting was mediocre and the story was lacking. Only Goku had his character development laid out, and the others were poorly done. Master Roshi's pervertness was only shown at the beginning and no where else. Yamcha was super calefare, with a sudden love sparks with Bulma, of all people. Chi Chi's plot was disjointed and when Mai assumes her identity for a scene, continuity confusion!!!

Revelations at the end was so random, yet predictable. Suddenly confusing advice from the start of the show miraculously fall into place and suppose to make sense.

Reviews were right. 3/10.

Happy Easter everyone...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online