Monday, April 20, 2009

Post Camp

I have a feeling that Blizzard has my timetable with them, coz they release major patches when I am not free. They released WotLK a week before my finals last year... and this time, they released 3.1 the week with my camp on the weekend.

Brief outline of patch 3.1:
Ul-doo-ar raid finally opens with new bosses and hard modes. Mobs actually are HARD to go through. Bosses are harder and much more fun.
New gear, especially T8 and legendary healing mace.
Argent tornament, new means to get pets and mounts. I still do not understand the story behind it as I was too busy to explore it.
Spell/talent revamp. Mana regen nerf. I hate it, but I hope my build is still viable as before.

So there's all these new changes but I have not fully emmersed myself in all of it. Heck, due to some changes in schedule, I don't actually have time to do more than just the raid this week. Somehow I get a feeling that these are all signs that God doesn't want me playing anymore >.< Right... and the reason why I was away during the weekend: 6th Year CAMP! Originally from another batch, I started out only know a handful of people there. I got there way earlier than the rest and I was so lost in that first hour. I didn't see anyone I knew and I don't know who the rest were, so I could not find where we were supposed to meet. Only when I saw familiar faces at the registration booth that I calmed down and started enjoying myself with the food and drinks. I probably drank too much wine too fast, and I ended up with a headache for the rest of the afternoon. A slight mishap, but I immediately I made new friends. As the sun was setting, we finally made our way to the boat to get to the island. This boat was different from the one I was on last year, and there were no seats out in the open. So I couldn't get a good shot of the sunset, but this was the only thing I could muster.



The stars were emerging as we started our walk from the jetty to the dorms. I got my wish, somewhat... to walk under the stars with her. We finally made our way to the dorms. The first thing I noticed were the herd of Quokkas in the courtyard. Last year, I really wanted to get good shots of quokkas, but this overabundance was just scary. Anyway, we all found beds to sleep in (I got a single room which was good) and we got ready for the night's party. Dress code: Mad Hatters.




There was supposed to be a prize for the best hat, so I put a little bit more effort into making mine. Sadly it didn't win me the prize, but I had fun. There were really good hats, and there were party hats on the table for those who were lazy to bring their own. After dinner, we all hung around gossiping, chatting, getting quokka's drunk, etc... What I really wanted at that point in time was to leave the rowdy drunk crowd and head to the beach and walk in the cold sand with the stars in the sky. It was sad to go alone, so I didn't. Sigh.

We ended up playing asshole 'big two' which I do not like at all. The fundamental flaw in the game is the winner usually stays the winner and it is hard for the loser to move up. Although I was very much against the game, I joined in anyway. I remained in the lower half of the rankings and hated it. Luckily, they did not include shots of vodka as a punishment just yet. However, when we DID include it, some of us were too tired to continue. heh.

The night was horrible. My room was at the entrance, so there were too many people walking in and out shouting and laughing every now and then. It took me a while to get sleep in the end, but I managed to in the end. UNFORTUNATELY, I was plagued by unpleasant dreams.

The next morning, I got up to a gloomy morning. The weather forcast was said to be thunderstorm in the late morning, and I can sense the incoming storm. In all directions, you can see the rain falling in the distance. There was only small patches of sky, and occasionally we'll see a ray of golden sun seeping through, reminding me that there is always light in time of despair... cheezey, but there it was. We walked her to the jetty that gloomy morning, as she was leaving on the early boat. We said our goodbyes and I was really sad to see her go...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online