Thursday, April 23, 2009

Letter to my Friend.

Dear J

Hi, how have you been? I am sorry that I have not been writing to you in a long while. I kinda lost your contacts so I am writing to you in the most bizziare way I can think of. (No one visits here anyway...)

Anyway, I have been alright. If you read down, you'll see that I had been at camp last weekend. It was good. After my friend left, my other friends came on the next boat. Somehow to me, they are the sunrays that were seeping through that cloudy morning. I am really grateful as they were the few who helped me pass my exams last year. Unlike you, who conveniently disappeared to some European state. Sheesh.

Haha. Anyway, that day turned out pretty good considering that it was such a gloomy morning. I keep using that word... I cannot think of a better one. Dark. Dementoric. Apocalyptic. Anyway, I took part in the tug-of-war later that day, which to this day made me ache all over. It is probably my punishment for not keeping fit as I should have. Remember that annoying belly that you always talked about and like to make fun of? Well, I have it now...

That night we played cards, and then head to the pub. The music was nice. Very dancable, very relaxing. Oh, and it was on an astroturf. I took off my sandals and danced barefooted. It is a feeling that I have not felt in a very long time and it made me remenisce about my days back in Singapore... I remembered bringing you there, so you should know what I mean.

It was pretty much the same from then on. Got home all tired and broken...

And this week is assignment week. All of it is due this Friday. Even so, I don't know why I found the time to have dinner and coffee with a few friends last night. We talked about life in general, starting from the Big Bang... Evolution vs creationism... our younger days and upbringing... growing up with taxes and morgages... to eventually death. At the end of it, I do not know why, but I felt that I wouldn't mind dying tomorrow. I mean, not only do I escape the fear of handing up assignments on Friday, but not to suffer all the pains and despair of the world. I doubt that anyone would mourn for me, nor do I want them to.

Which also brings me to what a friend told me. Live life with no regrets. I would certainly regret not saying how I feel to this particular girl. I do, feel like I want to spend every giving minute with her as though I were to die the next. I wish I can muster that courage to do that. I wish I had more fear of not knowing, than the fear of being rejected. I wish, I wish...

Anyway, enough from me. I do wish you read this and reply me soon. Do take care.

Ken Rhee
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online