Friday, July 24, 2009

Adventures in Albany - Day 03

It rained last night and was dragging on to the morning.
Fortunately, I was in surgery in the morning, so I was rather dry.
Unfortunately, I forgot most of my anaesthetic stuff.
Fortunately, the GP/Anaesthetist was nice, teaching me stuff and let me insert an LMA.
Unfortunately, it was hard to put it in and there were complications.
Fortunately, it was not my fault and these things happen.
Unfortunately, there was no other patient I could do it to that morning.
Fortunately, the obstetric registrar asked for my help and I actually did something.
Unfortunately, the monitor was on my back.
Fortunately, they were nice to show me interesting stuff.
Unfortunately, it turned out that the ovarian cyst could not be found.
Fortunately, they found the ‘cyst’ to be an enlarged appendix.
Unfortunately, with that size, it was more likely to be carcinoid.
Fortunately, after removing it, it didn’t feel like a carcinoid.
Unfortunately, the histopathology would not come back after a week.
Fortunately, the GP was nice enough to let me know when it does.
Unfortunately, I had to leave the nice GP early to go to the practice.
Fortunately, there was a bus that I was able to take to the city.
Unfortunately, even after calling Chui Han for help, I could not catch it in time.
Fortunately, I found a time table at the chemist at IGA.
Unfortunately, it started to rain when I was leaving IGA.
Fortunately, Dr, Knight was able to give me a lift to the practice.
Unfortunately, he had to make a pit stop first.
Fortunately, we visited a nursing home, making it somewhat educational.
Unfortunately, we went to the dementia ward, my least favourite ward.
Fortunately, we didn’t stay for long, and left shortly after.
Unfortunately, there wasn’t enough time for lunch.
Fortunately, we had an interesting conversation in the car about end of life care.
Unfortunately, even though I don’t want to be a burden, I felt like I am.
Fortunately, I can take it as motivation to do better.
Unfortunately, there is so much more I need to do.
Fortunately, there are nice GP’s and tutors around to help me get through this.
Unfortunately, my afternoon session didn’t go as I planned.
Fortunately, I was able to take patient blood pressures at least.
Unfortunately, most of my readings were off and needed rechecking each time.
Fortunately, I was allowed to do a cardiovascular examination on a patient thoroughly.
Unfortunately, I missed the diastolic murmur.
Fortunately, I got the other findings and was confirmed with an echocardiogram report.
Unfortunately, there was nothing else to do that day.
Fortunately, I was able to catch the last bus back to the hospital.
Unfortunately, I boarded a different bus than the scheduled one and had to pay a fare.
Fortunately, it was the right bus anyway, and I got back safely.
Unfortunately, it was so early; I didn’t know what to do then.
Fortunately, I met Dr. Michener from surgery, who helped me get internet access.
Unfortunately, they blocked facebook and blogger on the computers.
Finally, and fortunately, I managed to log onto MSN and chat with Chui Han.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online