Saturday, July 25, 2009

Adventures in Albany - Day 04

I managed to wake up earlier than my alarm today, with terminal insomnia. I reluctantly took a shower and got ready, with too much time to spare. The weather was bright with clear skies, but I was still filled with dread. I gave myself 45mins for the walk, and I managed to get to the practice on time, with loads of time to spare. It was also a very normal day at the practice. I managed to do a bit of cryotherapy, but that was it.

I had the afternoon to get access to facebook access. I managed to obtain access to the Albany UWA campus, but in the process, I think I disabled my access to the main campus in Perth. Even though I now had access to it, I still wasn’t able to use my account on the computers. I could only use the local password, but I guess I cannot complain because of the lousy feeling that I have been feeling throughout the day.

I was able to catch the bus back to the hospital for my afternoon of ED. Again, the bus had a different number then the one scheduled, but the guy waiting with me at the stop reassured me that it was the right one. I was not happy with the schedule that I picked up at the visitors centre, which was dated 2004. I am not sure if they have changed the schedule since then, but having no fixed guides as to when each bus comes by was really irritating. When I got back to the hospital and checked the net, I got a reply from the bus company, but they also gave me the 2004 one. I guess I cannot say anything for them to be the only company in Albany.

I introduced myself to the ED, but there was nothing for me to do. There were stuff happening, but I wasn’t really in the mood to do anything. I tried to access blogger from the Shed’s computers, but just like facebook, blogger was banned as well. So I had nothing to do at all that evening, so I went back to my room to take a nap.

Aleisha called just as I woke up from my nap, giving me time to get packed and ready to head back to Perth. We made a quick pit stop at Woolies after picking me up and we headed back to Mt. Barker, where she was stationed. The weather was almost perfect, making the journey safe. Her allocated accommodation was a home meant for visiting locums and their families, so the room was really homely. It even had a computer, albeit a Pentium 2. There was a TV with a DVD player as well. I managed to watch a movie titled Secondhand Lions, starring the kid from Six Sense. The movie had so many elements of everything, adventure, reality, romance, family, deception. Because of the undetermined theme, the starting was a bit weird and hard to follow. But if you endured, the first 1 hour or so, the story made a lot of sense and was actually touching.

Although it wasn’t captured in the movie, the ending also showed a series of comics from the boy’s adventures with his pet lion. It is the things like that which adds to the movie, giving it more depth. These things are not needed in the movie, but it really tells us what he does at the farm despite not having anything around and that he actually had a life. In contrast, I am not doing anything and just lazing around in that same situation.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online