Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adventures in Albany - Day 05

We had an early start today. We were lucky as the weather was kind for Aleisha to drive safely. I had a nice short sleep last night, but I was still tired and still needed to sleep along the way back. I felt bad that I could not keep awake to entertain Aleisha. In the end, we agreed that I get to pay her for her troubles. At least that satisfied me a bit…

The first thing I did when I got back was to pack the power cable into my bag. I wasn’t going to forget it again this time round. Strangely I could not find the desire to switch on the computer. Somehow I knew that there was nothing for me there anymore. Maybe I’m anhedonic, or I could just be realizing my own failure. I do realize how much it has ruined my life. The question is whether I can do anything about it, and whether my life is still salvageable. Maybe once I have my life again, I would have a chance. But for now, I do feel pathetic, and I guess I would understand why I am still single. I have long ways to go. For the mean time, I just lay down in bed to mull over things.

I followed Evelyn to get the stuff for the steamboat after lunch. I managed to buy some instant drinks to bring back to Albany, something that I rarely see in Australian shops, not sure why. Perhaps they think that it is better to have fresh drinks or something that they can alter to suit their taste. I don’t know why I do not have such an opinion about taste as others though…

We bought what we liked to eat. Perhaps this is why I don’t have an opinion, it is because I follow the norm. Anyway, I’m just glad that there was a steamboat organized, just because I was back in town. Preparation was fairly simple, mostly because I didn’t have to do anything.

I went to Evelyn’s place earlier to play with Facebook Graffiti. It was so easy with a stylus pen and a touchscreen. I wished that I had these gadgets on my computer, so that I can play more with Graffiti. I was also thinking about how I can use the stylus to play WoW. I do wonder if it will be faster or more interesting to do so. Too bad I don’t have the cash to own such a system.

The steamboat was usual. I was full quite fast, I don’t know why. Perhaps not eating this much for the past week or so have sort of made my stomach atrophy, and also I need to endeavour the lack of food in Albany for the next 4 weeks. Anyway, we didn’t do much during or after the steamboat. They decided to go out to play Guitar Hero at Timezone, and I couldn’t resist the temptation of playing a game. I haven’t played a game for a week, really. However, I couldn’t go past medium difficulty. I still loved “Paint it Black” by the Rolling Stones, but there was a new song that we played, although I cannot remember the title. All I know is that it was nice to listen to and fun to play as well.

After a while, I grew tired, having traveled the whole day today, and the thought of traveling again tomorrow really made me want to curl up in bed and sleep.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online