Monday, July 27, 2009

Adventures in Albany - Day 06

I woke up, feeling as if I did not sleep at all last night. I was plagued by unpleasant dreams all night. Perhaps it was due to the double thickness in my quilt, making me sweat. Or perhaps the dread of saying goodbye again. Either way, I could not, or rather did not, want to go back to sleep.

I decided I would benefit from taking a morning walk. The weather was a bit chilly, but was wonderful. Although I was going through so many emotions, I still felt warm and fuzzy inside, despite also having many cold negative feelings. Having an uncertained future made me I feel regretful that all of this had to happen and sometimes I wish that I could turn back time. But with there is always that little bit of Hope at the bottom of this Pandora’s Box I opened.

I reached Evelyn’s place on time, although I did not get to finish what I started. However, given the circumstances, I guess there wasn’t much else I could have done that morning. I guess the next best thing was to spend time with some friends. We watched TV while waiting for the rest. They showed a very interesting video clip of a unique wedding ceremony, with funky music playing while the bride’s maids and grooms grooved down the aisle. It was such a special, joyful, and beautiful event, I cried. I wished I had such sporting support and I wished I could do the same for them.

Soon, the rest of the people arrived and we got started with writing the profiles. I was amazed at our creativity, a big difference from my intern friends. It took a while to get things running, and we didn’t actually finished it, but the foundation was already there. I was thankful that I had an interesting profile, but I felt bad for not contributing much to the other’s profile. It made me wonder about my claim to fame creativity and power of English though. When did I lose it? Why did I lose it? And added to the fact that I have not been doing so good, I do wonder what is wrong with me and what changed. I miss my old self.

After finishing off what we could, we headed back to Nadia’s place for lunch. Lydia prepared an English Breakfast meal, which was great. We started talking about Malaysian breakfast meals and I started to miss them. I was already able to make my own nasi lemak and almost able to make wonton mee, but being in Albany would make it difficult to prepare them. Oh well, I will still have 4 weeks to go.

I did some last minute packing, but still forgetting things to bring down. Luckily it wasn’t anything major like the last time. I now have to make a trip to the store to buy them. I couldn’t blame the last minute packing, but I blamed more of my lack of organization and lack of keeping lists. All I could think of is how much I need to get my life organized again. I’ve been told time and time again, that I need to get my priorities straight. I guess that’s what I have to do with this rotation.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online